Here’s some fabulous ideas to help you continue to learn at home. This time can be used for lots of revision of things we have already learned so you can perfect your skills.
- Keep up the practise of your times tables. These are very important. Use TT Rockstars to build up your recall speed of facts for the 2,3,4,5,8 and 10 times tables. Practise writing them out as fast as you can. Can you say them all perfectly forwards? What about backwards?? Challenge your family to a times tables competition and see who knows them best. Remember as well to think about the related division facts like we do at school.
- Do some writing everyday. It can be a paragraph in your diary, which might be famous one day as an important record of the times! Try writing a story or an adventure for Stig and Barney. Can you write a short conversation using direct speech? Remember all the punctuation you need for this!
- Read, read, read!! Read anything and everything, find out the meanings of new words you discover and make your own mini dictionary or try to fit the new words in when you’re talking to your family, see if they know the meanings of them!
- Practise the list of spellings I sent home in your pack. Challenge yourself and your family to see who can spell the most correctly. If you struggle with them choose just a few at a time to focus on, practise makes perfect!!
- Use the time to create something. Draw, paint, sculpt, sing, dance and express yourself!